Well thank you folks because we’ve just had the 4000th vistor to the site, woo hoo. Looks like we’re averaging around 50-60 visitors a day and it’s growing steadily. I was thinking – it would be really cool if every visitor were to list their top 10 places in the world they’ve been to or things they’ve seen and been moved by and posted them in the comments page, we’d end up with a fascinating list – could we get 4000 listed?
It wouldn’t have to be a detailed travelog (unless you wanted) just a few words so that we could maybe check it out add some comments from others who have been there and so on. It could be great hotels, cities, views, galleries, restaurants, beaches, sports venues whatever’s given you a buzz. Come on you don’t have to leave your personal details just a nickname or set of initials etc. For starters here’s mine, in no particular order:
1. Chichen itza: ancient Mayan ruins in Mexico not far from Cancun. Simply amazing building skills and significance.
2. Claridge’s hotel London. Brilliant rooms – I could have spent all my time in the bathrooms – fantastic old plumbing!
3. On a gentleman’s yacht, Cannes harbour during the film festival
4. Sarlat and the Dordogne
5. The Colisseum and the Forum Rome.
6. Dingle bay and the western coastline, Ireland.
7. Edinburgh during the Festival
9. Statue of David, Florence
10. Chicago – fantastic architecture
There you go. I could do a hundred and still not get all my favourites covered. Come on it’s easy folks!